Nurturing Tomorrow: Indoor and vertical sustainable farming
The future of food production lies in indoor and vertical farms, where food is grown locally and in controlled environments that are resilient to climate change.
This modern farming revolutionizes the way in which we produce food, moving away from the soil and open spaces of the countryside.
Designed to produce yields hundreds of times larger than traditional outdoor farming while using less water since it’s possible to recapture and recycle water rather than waste it due to poor irrigation or evaporation. Products are fully traceable from seed to shelf with less contamination for a healthier production.
Agenda of the seminar
- Dr. Enrico Turoni (President Cermac Consortium): Harnessing Emilia-Romagna and Italian technologies for a thriving green transition
- Prof. Bruno Mezzetti (Scientific Director of Macfrut Fair for Berries and Table Grape): Berries and Indoor Farming – the right solution for arid and semi-arid regions
- Prof. Daniele Torreggiani (Department of Agri-Food Sciences and Technologies, University of Bologna): Indoor and Vertical Farming – Precision and Smart Farming
This seminar will see the presence of the following Italian companies from different sectors:
- S.A.I.S. S.p.a.: Specialized in the breeding, selection, production and marketing of vegetable and herbs seeds.
- Urbinati S.r.l.: Urbinati S.r.l. designs and manufactures modular systems to automate production processes in the nurseries activity for sustainable, resilient and performing agriculture.
- Idromeccanica Lucchini S.p.a: Leader in the production of greenhouses covered in plastic material for horticulture and floriculture, with the most advanced irrigation and heating systems.
- C-Led S.r.l.: Specialized in the design and production of electronic applications and lighting systems.
- INFIA S.r.l.: World leader in packaging of fruit and vegetables,
- Denken Italia:Robot systems for the vegetable, flowers and nursery sector
- Vivai Battistini: Specialized in the production of fruit plants for professional use.